Today, I'm going to share with you a delightful recipe that is the perfect companion to your afternoon tea - Easy Cherry Puff Pastries. These pastries are a treat for the senses; they look delightful, smell heavenly, and their taste... absolutely divine. The best part? They're incredibly easy to make! I often opt for store-bought frozen pastry dough which saves time and still delivers flavorful results.
Creativity is key when it comes to shaping these pastries. You can stick to traditional forms like triangles or rectangles, but don't be afraid to experiment. Once, on a whim, I stuffed the pastry dough into a muffin pan and was thrilled with the outcome - adorable little cherry cakes that were an instant hit. Whether you're hosting a high tea, looking for a quick dessert to satisfy a sweet tooth, or just want to enjoy a little indulgence in the middle of the day, these cherry puff pastries are a winner. Now, let's get baking!
- 200 gr (7 oz) Pitted Cherries - fresh or frozen thawed & drained
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Lemon Juice
- 50 gr (1/4 cup) Caster Sugar
- Puff Pastry Dough
- Cream Cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, add cherries, sugar, and lemon juice and stir over low heat.
- Mix some water and cornstarch together and mix it into the cherry mixture. Cook until thickened.
- Unwrap the puff pastry dough and cut into small squares.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the cherry mixture onto each square. If desired, you can also add a dollop of cream cheese.
- Fold the dough over the filling to form a triangle or rectangle, and press the edges to seal.
- Place the pastries on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve these delicious cherry pastries with afternoon tea and enjoy!